Monday, October 31, 2005

To Felt or Not to Felt


If you recall I sent out the request of to felt or not to felt early in the year.These are pics of my arghhhhh #*#!%#*#&&* mistake. I got up early this am due to the time change all raring to go. I planned to clean up the garden today as well as wash my beautiful Jacob fleece. Double bummer I tell you. I put it in the washer to soak on the soak cycle and the damn washer started agitating!!!! It wasn't supposed to do that...boohoo....waaaaaaah. I've got felt!!!! Luckily I only washed two thirds of the fleece so at least I have some of it washed properly. Beware of your washer, fiber mavens. You never know when it will turn on you and your fleece. I will never leave my washer again on the soak cycle!!!

I'm trying to decide what I can stuff with the felted fleece....waaaaaaah. Maybe I can wear it as a Halloween costume tonight...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how disappointing! I wonder how you will end up using the felt (besides your costume!)

Anonymous said...

Oh dear what a bummer!

Hmmm.......you could use that felted wool for the center of needle felted pumpkins ;-)

Anonymous said...

Waaaaah is right! Why is the acquisition of experience so dreadfully painful?