Thursday, October 13, 2005

The Day Before Rhinebeck

Well, folks, you know it just had to rain to spoil my trip to Rhinebeck......argggghhhhh. Double bummer!! The weather will not deter me. The forecast sounds very rainy for the trip there. Saturday there will be rain, but you know what who needs sunshine to go to a fiber party :).

Just thinking of all those barns full of fiber is enough to compensate for the rain. Also there is the food....my low carb diet is going to suffer this weekend. The Chocolate Bar is a must visit spot as anyone who has gone to Rhinebeck knows.

The big item on my mind is what to pack. I hate to pack because I worry that I won't bring the right stuff to wear and be too cold or too hot. Yes....I must wear my slip stitch cardigan. it's sooo cozy and just warm enough.I think I should bring my Bodega pullover; it doubles for a waterproof jacket. I love how wool keeps the moisture from your skin.

The biggest decision is what to bring along for knitting projects. I will bring the woven stitch Jolie pullover which I have resurrected from the UFO pile. I'm knitting up the front after having to increase while doing woven stitch which can be a pain. I'm feeling very good about this project. I probably should start a mindless pair of socks....you know the kind that involves no pattern at all. Believe it or not I'm messing up razorshell pattern on my latest pair of socks. That could have to do with the fact that I tried to knit them at the ER Monday while nervously waiting for my mom's test results.

Wish me luck for the trip to NY....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll miss you at the guild meeting tonight. Have a wonderful time and buy lots of yarn!

Anonymous said...

Good luck, and dress warm! It's going to be cold, wet and rainy!

Anonymous said...

Have fun! Don't buy too many stash items...but then again, sometimes I inhereit them!! :)

Anonymous said...

I know you will have a great time, rain & all! I can't wait to hear all about it, I hear it is fabulous, not to be missed. Enjoy!!!