Monday, May 30, 2005

A Mostly Sunny Weekend


Barrenwort is ready for the garden!This plant has some lovely leaves and delicate lavender flowers. I have two varieties. Next to the Barrenwort is Mullein. I had to have the Mullein because I saw it at Judith's last year.

Thankfully the weather has allowed us to think about garden plantings. I've taken to appraising my shade garden. There are so many lovely plants to consider: Bleeding Heart, Hostas, Dead Nettle and Toad Lily. Toad Lily is a must have for me if I can locate some.

On the fiber front.....I continued to work on my Opal sock which is nearing completion and the slip stitch cardigan.

Marisa tells me she went to MSW this weekend with John and did some stash enhancement. Maybe I get a pic :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh! Mullein! Good to see you have added it to your garden this year. The mullein that inspired you last year in my garden didn't return this year. Harsh winter? But I have just come from the Garden of the Dark Evening (yes, planting in the dark) and added Verbascum bombyciferum 'Arctic Summer'....grows to 5 ft tall! Judith