Monday, October 30, 2006

Shetland Triangle in North Ronaldsay Yarn




After lusting over Brooklyn Tweed's Shetland Triangle shawl last week, I dyed some North Ronaldsay yarn to knit Shetland Triangle by Evelyn A.Clark.

My friend, Paula, graciously bought some of the Liz Lovick's yarn for me while in Scotland this year. According to Liz's website she says: "The yarn comes from the herd of North Ronaldsay sheep which live on the beaches of the Orkney island..." They eat seaweed and produce a soft fiber.

Liz is also presently hosting a Gansey workshop called Traditional Knitting in Yahoo Groups.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is going to be a fantastic shawl. You are on a roll with the red yarns!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful dyeing. I love the uniqueness of the sheepy wool.

Lilith Parker said...

That's such gorgeous yarn.

Spike said...

The yarn looks yummy!
Can't wait until I see the finished project...beautiful so far.