Sunday, October 14, 2007

Fair Skeins and Knitted Items

Each year I participate in the Big E's Fiber competition in Springfield, MA. Participation in such an event gives knitters and spinners the impetus to strive to better their skills. I think it's well worth the time to enter.

Thanks to BarbaraT I am able to get my entries to the fair each year. This year I entered several fiber items : a pair of hand dyed hand knitted socks; a felted bag;three skeins of handspun yarn.......the red skein is 2 ply Mohave (a merino yarn), the green skein was spindle spun and plyed mohair , and the brown skein is Kona (a mohair/merino yarn).






11 comments:

Sharon said...

Wow - nice work and well recognized. Congratulations!

sloth-knits said...

Hi, congratulations on the ribbons!

cyndy said...

Congratulations!
Your handwork is lovely! And those ribbons are proof that others think so too!

Cindy/Snid said...

Those are gorgeous! Congrats and I especially like the Mohave. That color is gorgeous!

vanessa said...

yey! congrats on all the ribbons!

margene said...

Congratulations! How wonderful for you.

Cheryl said...

Congratulations on all the ribbons! I think it's great to enter things at the fair. Keeps those important traditions alive.

Kristen said...

Congratulations, Cindy, on your beautiful handiwork.

Iris said...

Congratulations! Appropriate recognition for all that beautiful work! I love the Kona, by the way.

Laurie said...

Congratulations for ALL the ribbons!

AR said...

Yay! Ribbons! Good job. :)