Monday, April 23, 2007

Glorious Weekend to Garden, Knit and Spin














What a spectacular weather weekend. I just had to get outside and work in the garden. Much to my supreme happiness I spied my Poppy plant. Readers you need to know that I have been trying for years to grow Poppies!!! I also am thrilled to see my Mallow plant has returned. The English Thyme has appeared only in small clusters, but that gives me an opportunity to try a new plant. My Siberian Iris looks very good ;I divided it nicely to transplant it further down the driveway garden. DH bought me some mulch so I better get the weeding and new plant selections done in the near future......

I realize I forgot to post my Saturday Spin In, but it's just more of the same merino and mohair that you saw here. Of course,I did spin some Montedale on my Spanish Peacock spindle. Carol R on the other hand did skein her wonderful dark purple yarn here. Judy started washing her fleece which reminds me I'd better get going with my fleece as well. She's reminding us that the hummers are coming. Elizabeth skeined up her spinning; she spun a lovely rag yarn.

You have to know I finished the Tasha, but with an alteration to the pattern. I crocheted a look alike edging to the two sides after the long drawn out knitted edge along the top. I used Jamieson and Smith's DK Shetland wool. I only needed 6 skeins to complete the shawl for my height. I added a lovely sterling silver pin from Celtic Swan Forge. You'll want to check out their wonderful knitting needles and spinning hooks.

Today's another lovely day....perhaps I'll dye some yarn and wash some fleece....................

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful work.

cyndy said...

Your shawl is quite lovely! Nice hand work!

vanessa said...

i love tasha, both the shawl and the person :-)