Wednesday, December 20, 2006

And the Winner of the Draw is......


Congratulations, Kim!!! You had the luck of the draw; you've won two skeins of sock yarn!! Happy knitting to you!


This cookie making is fun but also tiring. Monday I made three kinds of cookies. This morning I made two kinds as you can see. First I made Hidden Kiss cookies with Rolo centers. These are too good to resist. Then I made Italian Prune cookies; these are the most labor intensive cookies of all my cookie baking. The bars pictured below have to be frosted yet and decorated with festive sprinkles. I have still have to make some Nut Sticks and perhaps Martha Stewart's Lime cookies that Kim has baked or Chocolate Crackle Cookies that Cindy shared with us. Decisions...decisions.

You must know if you are a cookie maker that around Thanksgiving all the cookie lovers come out of the woodwork to ask...are you making cookies this year? I would probably do the same thing if I were on the other end. I believe I've been making cookies for 37 years now with only one break when my mom was very ill one Christmas. My DD took up the reins and made cookies that year. She pointed out that someone has to make them. Perhaps my cookie making this year will make up for the plastic tree that adorns our family room. I doubt it, but you can't blame me for trying.

Cookie stories over the years are plentiful. Many of my cookies have found their way to family,neighbors, co-workers and friends through good times and bad times. We need constants in our lives to order the chaos.

Of course....holiday knitting still calls to me. I'm working on a sweater for my grand nephew. Lucky for me it's too big and I can finish it for next Christmas. I have finished two other secret gifts, and a third is in the works.

Next post I'll share some great pics of Puddy, the cat and Gwen, DD's horse.

4 comments:

AR said...

Those cookies sound so good. I'm starvin'!!

Happy Holidays to you and yours! Hope you get your knitting done.

Anonymous said...

No, cookies won't make up for the plastic tree :). And I hope you're making the M and M bars... :)

Anonymous said...

i had all good intentions of making more cookes, then i got this rotten cold...

Anonymous said...

You are SO right about needing the constants. Very wise and observant. They reassure and soothe.

I'm making my cookies this weekend. The workweeks have been too busy to focus, and I didn't want to 'just get it done', I wanted to savor the act. Yours look so yummy, they are inspiring me.