Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Setting the Stage


This weekend was a special one because it set the stage for a wonderful event...Marisa and John's special day! Here you see gathered Marisa's sweet cousins and friends posing before their night on the town. They took Marisa to her Bachelorette Party in Newport. Need I say more....

Below is a very special pillow. It will hold the special couple's wedding rings. It's made from my wedding dress worn 35 years ago next September. I'm thrilled to have it be part of the ceremony and carried by my grand nephew. The excitement is building!!


Knit content: Work still continues on my Opal Tiger socks. I also picked up a linen feather and fan shawl from the UFO pile. I will post pics soon.

7 comments:

Beth S. said...

And so wedding season begins. ;-)

The pillow is a lovely touch... I've heard of veils becoming christening gowns, but never a dress turning into a pillow. Very creative!

Carole Knits said...

So did you make the pillow? It's beautiful.

judy said...

It is beautiful. Lovely job!

Peevish said...

The pillow is a really sweet idea.

Anonymous said...

What a happy and good looking group of young ladies. The pillow is beautiful- a wonderful keepsake. So when is the BIG DAY?

Anonymous said...

I do love seeing the wedding unfold. It must be soon, soon! Such a beautiful photo of the group of young women. You must be very excited & proud!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful countdown! A very very special pillow, indeed. It's beautiful, and such an original use of the dress.