Monday, August 14, 2006

Lace Challenge Finalist!!!

What do you know! I made the finalists for Amazing Lace Challenge #5!!! I'm surprised about making the finals. It's a hoot.... Check out the different finalist pics...you'll enjoy them.

I finished two projects this summer. The first below is Tivoli by Grumperina which I made in Debbie Bliss's Cathy yarn. I have to say this yarn is wonderful for a summer knit. It feels so good to knit and wear.


The next finished project is a red linen lace stole in Feather and Fan pattern. I finished this due to the Amazing Lace contest. Thanks, Rachel and Theresa for the inspiration. It was easy to complete once I put my mind to it.

I've begun to finish a second lace UFO due again to Amazing Lace. I'll post pictures if anyone wants to see it. It's a neat feather and fan triangular shawl knitted in Icelandic and silk two ply on size 3 needles.

Last but not least hubby has been playing with his hobby as you can see below. His Angelfish have been growing by leaps and bounds.


Mittens Abound: I've been thinking about making some mittens. Sandy has been working on a lovely pair from Folk Knitting in Estonia that have inspired me. Then, of course, Dave has started the Bitchin Mittens project. Hmmmmm....I'll have to think about this. I do have some fingering weight alpaca in black and white I could play with.....

Weaving Progress: I get by with a little help from my friends!!! Thanks Sue and Carol M for helping me to warp my ridged heddle loom last Saturday. You'll both be glad to know I finished weaving the piece today. The down side is that I am not pleased with the weaving, but I have used this project as a practice session, and I plan to warp the loom again this time using wool and silk. I'm inspired !!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Cindy! Congratulations on your AL nomination- I just voted! ; ) Both your FOs are lovely, and I hope to see them in person at the next meeting.

Beth S. said...

You get my vote! :-)

Anonymous said...

Very nice lace shawl! You should have modeled the picovoli for the picture! ;)

vanessa said...

love the color of red in your shawl! and i'm not seeing the 2 weaving photos :-(