Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Secret Pals Appear

Today I received an email from my secret pal! I think that this will be fun. I like getting to know another virtual knitter! I also contacted my secret pal as well and look forward to reading her blog on a daily basis.

Here is the required question and answer information we are asked to post for Secret Pals:

  1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

I love natural fibers like wool, silk and alpaca. I also use acrylics particularly for fearful wool wearers or washers.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?

Yes,I spin quite a bit. I crochet as well, but knittting is my forte.


3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)

I have no allergies.

4. How long have you been knitting?

35 years

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

No, I don’t.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

I love vanilla and fruit- like scents for candles. I like olive oil bath products.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?

Yes, but I’m on a sugarfree diet so I’m not indulging at the moment on my favorite dark chocolate.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

Quilting, Rug Hooking and Needlepoint.


9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I have an eclectic range of tastes: Classic Rock, Classical, Gregorian Chant, New Age…Kitaro. Opera:Wagner’s Ring. I love Below the Salt by Steeleye Span.
Jazz: Diana Krall

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

I love burgandy, dark purple, a range of blues and black.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I have a husband and daughter. I have two cats.


12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)


13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

Koigu

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Nothing to add here.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

Shawls, shawls, shawls…..

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Shawls, socks and sweaters.

17. What are you knitting right now?

Shawls, socks and sweaters.

18. What do you think about ponchos?

I like ponchos, but find they are difficult to wear while driving.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

I prefer circulars, but do use straights.


20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

I like bamboo and other woods.

21. Are you a sock knitter?

Yes…I always have socks in the works.

22. How did you learn to knit?

My mom taught me to knit a scarf for my doll when I was ten.


23. How old is your oldest UFO?

At least 10 years old…..

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?

I love Wallace and Grommit especially the penguin. I love Cardinals and cats.

25. What is your favorite holiday?

I have no favorite holiday.

26. Is there anything that you collect?

Teapots and fiber.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

IK and Inknitters


28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?

Myrna Stahlman 's scarf book…she has a new one due out soon.

Also……

The Opinionated Knitter

3-Cornered and Long Shawls by Sigrídur Halldórsdóttir

No comments: