Wednesday, June 15, 2011

It's been a while.........................

I've been doing this and that lately. I'm always thinking I should blog about my knitting, but I put it off. So.....................today I've tackled the blogging beast.

I have been working on the forever project, Jared Flood's Bridgewater. It started as a KAL, but some KAL members have been busy with life so I may be forging along solo. The yarn, Classic Elite Silky Alpaca is wonderful....very light and airy not to mention soft. I'm on the first lace chart, a nice easy horseshoe lace pattern,
photo

I've also finished spindle spinning 2 oz. of some fiber that I'm hoping to use as a singles in order to retain some of the lovely color. I'll need a garter or linen stitch pattern to coral the bias.
photo

A couple of weeks ago we celebrated my mom's 80th birthday. One of my gifts to her was a hand spun hand knitted shawl in one of her favorite colors.

photo

photo

Hope all of you get to enjoy the long over due sunshine today in the northeast. I'm off to get some exercise..........................






4 comments:

cyndy said...

Beautiful shawl that you have made for your mother! What a lovely gift!

And your Bridgewater is looking so soft and cozy and yummy!

Sherill said...

Beautiful shawl - I know your Mom loved it. Hope to see you at a Guild meeting soon.

Kristen said...

Keep blogging, I like reading what you're up to! That gorgeous shawl must have been a most welcome birthday present for your mom.

Randi K Design said...

Love the shawl!