Saturday, July 12, 2008

Petticoats and Moon Flowers

Can't beat this combination.....petticoats and Moon Flowers. I've been knitting right down to the wire. Last night I finished Emma's Unmentionables for my dear grand niece's first birthday. Today we will celebrate with a cookout at her home. I have to say that Web's cotton yarn is a winner as it is a mixture of cotton and microfiber. Did I tell you I bought more red yarn?Some red sprinkles woolease for a dollar a skein for a child's sweater down the road. I just can't stay away from this color.

I found a white t- shirt to complete the outfit. I added a bow to the t-shirt to match the tie on the petticoat.......It will be too large for this year, but she'll be able to wear it next season.




My lovely Moon flower keeps blooming every evening!

9 comments:

Kristen said...

The outfit is adorable. Red is for kids of all ages!
Did you go to the guild meeting this month?

Life's a Stitch said...

Too cute!

Cindy/Snid said...

Very cute outfit!
And the Moonflower is gorgeous! Does it have a scent?
If so, I can imagine that it is quite lovely...

cyndy said...

That is a lovely red petticoat! Lucky Emma! (It looks sweet with the white t-shirt too!)

The moon flower looks like a lovely white petticoat if you turn it upside down ;-)

bySarah said...

I absolutely LOVE LOVE that outfit. The perfect red, and the bow really ties it together. Emma is indeed a lucky gal!

Laurie said...

That outfit is wonderful! My niece will only wear pink. *bleah*

The moonflower looks like a Datura.

Sharon said...

Very nice choices - very girly. I just found out tonight that Ian's godson is "expecting" so I get another baby to knit for. Phew - I was running out.

Jenny Girl said...

Red is one of my absolute favorite colors. This outfit is adorable.
I know she will absolutely love it! And the bow was a nice touch.

The petticaot reference reminds me of Mammie from Gone with the Wind, when Rhett Butler bought her a red petticoat.

vanessa said...

too sweet!