Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Saturday's June Spin In

It's such a joy to spin at Sue's RI Handspun on the last Saturday of each month. As you can see Carol M was present to model her lovely Inishmaan sweater, one of A Starmore's beautiful aran designs. Carol made it from yarn that was purchased in Ireland.



Here you can see a close up of the shoulder detail. Maryann, I know you'll appreciate these photos of Carol's work.....



Below we have a Navajo spindle in use. Can you guess who it is?


I spent Saturday afternoon spinning some gray mystery wool on my Ashford Joy. I even was able to stretch and align some locks to ready them for the hackle. This technique perserves the color variation. I will post a pic of a finished skein if anyone cares to see it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Inishmaan is a gorgeous sweater and your friend did a great job. I don't know the spinning jargon, but of course we want to see the skeins of mystery wool you've spun!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sweater, wow!

CP Warner said...

Amazing! Tom D finally caught the spinning bug -- and on a Navajo Spindle, no less! [wink]

Anonymous said...

That is one honking spindle.