Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Nature Reclaims the Gulf

It has been unspeakably sad these days to learn of the devastation of the Gulf states affected by Katrina. I'm sure it is keenly felt by people all over the US as well as the rest of the world, but as a New Englander I am very distressed because we, too, know how terrible hurricanes can be. The history of New England weather reveals the Hurricane of 38 as well as Hurricane Carol which struck Rhode Island when I was four years old.

The residents of Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama are in my thoughts. How difficult their lot must be.

I did make it to Sue's last night and had a good time chatting with Sue who was spinning non- stop on her new Hitchhiker wheel. Paula arrived with her beautiful hand dyed aran in tow. Patty also was present working on her soon to be born granddaughter's knitted blanket.

Here is a pic of the wonderfully rusted fence taken at Caprilands.....


No comments: