Friday, August 05, 2005

Lazy Days of Summer


R and I had a great time at Hampton Beach! We stayed at the Ashworth which is aross the street from the ocean.The weather was a ten for all three days. We began our mornings with a brisk walk up and down the ocean boulevard then visited the Sea Ketch restaurant for a high carb breakfast. This was followed by a day at the beach. The water was a bit challenging the first day due to a dangerous riptide, but if we walked down th beach a bit we could go in the water and experience the crashing waves. The water there is so clean and devoid of rocks. Below are some pics of some of the colorful food concessions


The orange storefront boasts some of the best fry doe at the beach. I personally tested the doe and it was all too wonderful!


Wednesday evening we witnessed some spectacular fireworks on the beach. This one pic doesn't do them justice.



Obligatory Knit Content: I did manage to take the sock to the beach and knit the heel flap. (sorry no pic of it riding the wave ). This weekend I look forward to a knitting cruise which sets sail on a Tall Ship Brandaris out of Wickford Harbor.

Daylily Report: Cathy will be happy to know the daylilies were planted before we left and survived our vacation .....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lovely vacation break. Fry doe! I'm hoping that was really a doughboy and not Yankee roadkill! Looking forward to your knitting cruise report- the weather forecast is perfect.

Anonymous said...

haha, fry doe??! is that deep fried venison? =P

Anonymous said...

I grew up very close to Hampton beach and your pictures brought me right back to all of my younger days hanging out at the beach. So much fun!!!

judy said...

oohh... that water is calling to me. have fun Sunday, I'll be thinking of you. oh yeah, that would be the low carb doe, right?