Saturday, June 18, 2005

Emptying Bobbins


I plyed some yarn this week....this was all due to the workshop I attended last week. It forced me to ply some singles. This yarn is very colorful. It consists of some fiber I bought in barn 31 at the NYS&W festival a few years ago. I plyed it with some silk a spun that had similar colors.

Now that I have bobbins galore I can choose some new fibers from my stash to experiment. One thing Alden Amos said about spinning that is that we should spin for a project instead of spinning aimlessly. What do you think about that idea? The purists out there may disagree....

On to knitting...I'm still experimenting with swatching for Marisa's wedding stole....drat I can't show you pics because John reads this blog and it's bad luck for the groom- to- be to see the bride's wedding day ensemble.

On the reading front I can't say enough about Kite Runner. It is a must read! It opens up the world of Afghanistan in the context of a very engrossing father-son relationship that creates a universality for the reader.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For a few years I've been dreaming of making my daughter the day lily shawl from Knitter's Mag. It's also in their Shawls and Scarves compilation. Sooo pretty. Of course she is no where near ready for marriage...