Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Weekend Saturday Spinning and More


Saturday Spinning was a joy since I met a great crew of spinners at RI Handspun. The usual suspects attended. Carol M spun her three ply Mohave merino; Carol R spun one of Heather M's wonderful fleeces in a light beige; Paula brought her spindle to continue work on a lovely dark blue fiber. Sandy spun some teased locks in a warm brown; Ann spun a beautiful dark blue multicolored roving on her Kromski. Marva had her sweet dark pink plyed yarn ready to leave the bobbin for skeining.

I managed to continue working on some fiber I bought from Barn 31 at Rhinebeck a few years ago. The colors are vibrant and the fiber is a mix of wool mohair and either llama or alpaca.

Marisa's ( DD) knitting has produced a lovely felted purse..........I love the colorway and can't wait to see it in person.















Sunday I called my mom for a quick trip to pick strawberries.........

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Happy 4th of July - looks like you've found pleasurable ways to spend your day.

somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

Great photos! I am avoiding learning to spin because if my yarn stash is out of control, can you imagine the fiber stash I would have beside my 3 bags of unused Suffolk fleece?
=:8

vanessa said...

your handspun is the colors of rhinebeck :-)